Enjoy the Peppermint Green Tea. The antioxidant properties present in the leaves keep health problems at bay, reduce stress, weight, enhance metabolism besides bringing you a host of other health benefits.
Peppermint Leaves, Green Tea, Stevia Leaves, Lemongrass Leaves, Tez Patta Leaves
Bring freshly drawn water to a boil in a kettle. Pour hot water into teapot or teacups and pour off. Add the proper amount of tea leaves (2 gram of tea per 8oz of water) per person to the pot. Let the tea steep for 6 to 8 minutes. Strain completely into another teapot or directly into the serving cups. You can steep a second time for 10 minutes. Herbal teas don't turn bitter like green teas and thus you can steep longer to draw out more flavor.
- Makes you Stress Free: When it comes to relieving stress and anxiety, peppermint tea is one of the best allies. The menthol present in the herb is known to be a muscle relaxant and is antispasmodic in nature, helping you relax amidst ongoing mental stress.
- Aids in Weight Loss: If you are looking to shed a few kilograms, peppermint tea is the way ahead. Dr. Simran shares, “a cup of peppermint tea can leave you feeling full for a longer period, so you don’t feel hungry through the day. This way you will avoid adding extra calories to your day and resultant lose weight.”
- Improves Digestion: According to the book Healing Foods by DK Publishing, menthol, the active oil in mint, is responsible for the antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make mint a good choice for improving digestion. Its apoptogenic properties mean it can help balance the body in whatever way is needed.
- Boosts Immune System: Peppermint has antibacterial properties that help fight off disease causing illnesses and further improves immunity system. The traces of potassium, vitamin B and various antioxidants help the body function in a healthy way.
- Prevents Nausea: Peppermint tea has antispasmodic properties that can treat the feelings of nausea and prevent vomiting. The scent of peppermint can inhibit feelings of nausea while organic compounds in the mint help to soothe stomach muscles that contract and lead to vomiting. Drinking peppermint tea before boarding a plane, boat or while onboard a boat can help to cure the feelings of motion sickness or seasickness (7).